Hi, I’m Kathy Burden. I am married to Danny, the love of my life! We blended our families almost 22 years ago and set out to help raise 5 teenage children, 4 boys and one girl. The kids are grown and have produced 10 beautiful grandees, 8 boys and 2 girls!
Danny and I built their marriage on the solid rock of Christianity and are blessed with good health. This has not always been an easy road. I am an 11 year breast cancer survivor, have latex allergy and Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy. We attribute our good health to our life-style…pure mind, body and spirit, the Foundation of Optimal Health, as well as clean air, pure water, healthy organic nutrition and quality supplementation, the Building Blocks to Optimal Health.
I am a homemaker and a Certified Natural Healthcare Provider, with a background in Dental Hygiene, Clinical Research, Natural Health, detoxing your home, supplements, herbs and essential oils. My passion is helping others achieve optimal health through a wellness lifestyle.
In 2013, I published my first online health magazine, Pure Health and Living. I had great contributing authors with interesting articles, but I quickly realized that this is a project for down the road when I have a staff that can help with the huge task. My true passion is to help others achieve Optimal Health, by returning to Christ-centered wellness.
As a 10 year breast cancer survivor, I have been on a health journey that has lead me to believe the missing link to optimal health is Integrative Medicine. The definition I find most appropriate is one by Brad Lemley of DrWeil.com News. Integrative medicine, a healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person (body, mind, and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative. The principles of integrative medicine:
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease, including mind, spirit and community as well as body
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically
- Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms
- Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
- Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease
- Training of practitioners to be models of health and healing, committed to the process of self-exploration and self-development
Danny and I share a passion for Christ-centered wellness. We live on a one acre ‘mini farm’ just north of Houston, in Spring, Texas, where we raise organic fruit, vegetables, bees and chickens…yes chickens!
Disclaimer: Many of the links on my site are affiliate links. Should you click on these links and decide to purchase anything, I will receive a small commission and you will have my sincere thanks for supporting my site!
DISCLAIMER: The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.